Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break Part Uno







Aiginio: My mother's home town,the small town of my teenage years.Although I lived here for 8 years,I never felt it home,I never felt like I belonged here.Still,I have many memories from this town and most of them are from Easter holidays.My family and friends have been celebrating Easter in the same way for the past ten years.As traditional and as "Greek" as possible.The only year I missed it was last year when my parents gave me the gift of my dreams: "a trip to the US and Philly,the city of my childhood".


Since I wasn't here last year,I was looking very forward to this year.But then something I wasn't waiting for happened,the most amazing thing "I feel in love!!".Luis is perfect,everything I ever wished for and he wanted us to spend our spring breaks together at the island of Kerkira (Corfu).
Photobucket


As much as I wanted to go,as much as I was excited to spend a vacation with a beautiful boy on a beautiful island,I couldn't.There where some things and some people much more important to me,people I would be seriously letting down.First of all,my Grandpa,the soul of our Easters.This is the first holiday without my Grandma and he was really counting on everyone else to be there.Moreover,my god-daughter Marina.


On Easter god-parents are supposed to give gifts to their god-children and take then to church.Since I haven't got the chance to do that with her yet because this is only her second Easter ever,there was no way I would miss it again.


After much thinking and some advise from people I care about I decided to invite Luis to spend the holiday with us and he for some reason was more than glad to come.Yaaay!!


Day 1 Saturday:Aiginio is a very long way from Athens,so we decided to take the train.Luis due to work was coming up later in the week so my companions where my best friend Dimitra,her daughter (the famous Marina),her sister and my other best friend Eva,my brother Nick and his best friend Alexis.The train was a big party.Packed with students heading home.And while everyone else was out and about flirting like crazy,I was stuck baby-sitting.I guess it was only right,since I was the only one with a relationship.The cutest boy was sitting next to me and I talked to him but that was it.Ok,I did give him my number and I did take a picture of him sleeping (no I couldn't resist),but it was all very innocent....
Photobucket

When we got home,we left our things greeted the "old people" and went to a new club that one of my old friends had just opened.It was very fun to see people I hadn't seen in a very long time,the funniest was seeing the geeky boy I sat next to in high-school only so I can cheat of.How that boy managed to grow into a Fernando Gago look-alike will remain an eternal mystery to me!!


Day 2 Sunday:So after coming home at 5 am,we slept late.It was nearly noon when we woke up and we had company at home.Mostly a bunch of stupid relatives that I hate that had come to see as and get a chance to gossip about how different we are from them.Anyway later on we went for a walk down memory lane going to all the places we used to hang out.We had lots and lots of ice-cream.Later we came home and watched footie.The night ended with another epic club trip.


Day 3 Monday:I woke up at 3 pm in my teenage room and thought that I was 17 again and late for school.It was kind of freaky really.Basically we where to tired to do anything so we just hang at home watching movies,playing monopoly and taking turns on the computer.At about midnight we decided to go out after all.It was the first night I saw the group of girls I had hated in school.I ignored them,they had remained the same and I had moved on.


Day 4 Tuesday:The rain woke us up very early.At first we where annoyed since we wanted to go shopping in the closest city,Katerini,but the rain stopped soon and our trip wasnt cancelled after all.It was frustrating not shopping anything for me but i was very glad to shop gifts for my god-kids.I had in mind to pierce my nose but in the end we didn't have time for it and I left it for another time.In the afternoon I got a new haircut,its very funky and I LOVE it!!!Of course there was no way we wouldn't watch the Pool game.My dad is probably their biggest Greek fan and even Dimitra,who hates football watched (only because she likes Xabi).It was an amazing game to watch!!No matter what the outcome was,we where all very proud of the way our boys played.We decided not to go out and I went to bed early so I could be as fresh as possible to welcome mi amor coming the next day.


Ps:i will post more photos when I get home,because I forgot to bring the damn usb!!










1 comment:

  1. Firstly I love that you took a picture of a cute stranger. I like doing this too, hehe.

    You have to show us your new hair do.

    Sounds like you're having a fun Easter break :) My best friend is pregnant, but I told her I did not want to be God Mama. I feel a bit bad, but me + children just does not go.

    ReplyDelete