Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why did I have to talk??

There are times when I'm a very smart girl and I always say what people want to hear.There are also times when I don't have to say anything at all for others to understand how I feel.And then there are the times when my head goes completely blank and I say the most unexpected and wrong things that make people look at me as if I've told them that i believe in life on other planets (which I do actually,but that's a whole other story).
One of those times was tonight...
So my bf and I meant up with a couple of his friends for dinner.Everything was going fine,I was being so charming,not talking much but always managing to say something smart and funny.At some point the conversation came to football and I was thrilled to show off my knowledge of the subject.I should have known better...
The boys where excited about me knowing the sport the play,asking me which teams I support and who do I think will in the CL.But then one asked "Who's your favorite footballer?".I SHOULD have known it was a rhetorical question.I SHOULD have known it was more of a joke.I SHOULD have known that everybody thought they already knew my answer.I SHOULD have known that the right thing to say was "The boy sitting next to me,Luis Diogo Santos aka the boy I love"...
But no,I turned and said "I LOVE SERGIO RAMOS" like it was the most natural and exciting thing in the world!!
Everybody looked at me weirdly,including Luis and nobody said anything for half an hour.OK I'm exaggerating it was more like 2 minutes but it sure felt like much longer.
Finally somebody (I cant really remember who it was) said "Ohh,ok...should we order dessert now".
I had almost forgotten about the whole thing when we got in the car to leave,when Luis said "I knew you liked Ramos but I didn't know you loved him,should I be jealous?" and I tried to make a joke of it and said "Well you could benefit from some healthy competition" and he (thank God) laughed.
But even tho we made it a joke even tho he never mentioned it again I still feel so stupid about it.Because i know that he will always remember me not saying his name but that I mentioned a certain Spanish baller instead.

So next time anyone asks me about football I'll just smile and act like one of those girls who wouldn't tell Nando from Stevie apart even if their life depended on it.Just in case..

4 comments:

  1. Aw no :S
    Still, at least you got one of the good ones, and he saw the funny side of it. Sort of. Besides, it's an instinctive reaction, and at least you knew what SHOULD have happened...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. It'll turn out fine. I doubt it will turn into a huge ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU BLURTED OUT SERHIO.

    I know I shouldn't laugh but I'll try my best not to. This is the second (or third or fourth) time I've read it and I still laughed because I totally imagined you being that situ. I actually found it cute and adorable. I'm sorry, I'm not a bad friend! I just had to laugh! *hugs*

    Don't worry about it, Luis took it as a joke and as if there's any possibility that he would have some competition with Serhio irl anyway? :D And also, I think if I were the one in your place I would've blurted out David Josué Jiménez Silva anyway... LOL. Love ya xxxx

    (Btw I deleted the first comment because it had so many typos I had to edit lol)

    ReplyDelete